Red Hawk Behavioral Health
Red Hawk Behavioral Health Center is an inpatient residential treatment center in Northern Arizona, designed for troubled girls, ages 13-17, who are experiencing future-impacting relational or emotional difficulties brought on by trauma, abuse or abandonment. Red Hawk offers intense and compressed treatment from experts, leading to quicker recovery than typical therapeutic boarding schools — female students can complete the program in 6-8 months.
Red Hawk Provides Expert Therapy for:
- Adoption-Related Issues (Reactive Attachment Disorders)
- Depression, Anxiety or Lack of Motivation
- Histrionic Personality Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Trauma from Physical/Emotional Abuse or Abandonment
- Substance Abuse and Addiction
- Inappropriate Behavior or Anger/Aggressiveness
- Eating or Sleep Disorders
- Cutting, Self-Harm or Risky Behaviors
- Other personality or psychological disorders
Red Hawk limits care to 24 girls allowing more attention to be given to each girl by therapists and trained staff. An individualized therapeutic plan and focused care helps residents move to a better place mentally and emotionally in a much shorter period of time, alleviating the difficulties they are currently experiencing in their lives. The Red Hawk program helps each girl find positive new ways to manage life’s obstacles and traumas that have strained their well-being and relationships in the past.
RED HAWK’S ACADEMIC PLAN FOR GIRLS WHILE IN THEIR CARE
Red Hawk has an on-campus school that can pick up the girl’s academic status and transfer credits back to the girl’s local school. We believe that academics work must continue, even when intense therapy is underway. We have many educational options to help students learn in ways that best fit their needs and their learning styles.
All students of Red Hawk have the privilege of an extra month of academic access (online) to continue their studies wherever they go from here, whether back home or to another residential program. Options are also available to continue a girl’s schooling online at home and graduate with a high school diploma. Red Hawk helps maintain continuity through your daughter’s educational needs once graduating from the program and returning home.
THE MAIN THERAPEUTIC TOOLS THEY EMPLOY
• Individual, Family and Group Therapy
• Equine-Assisted Therapy For Equine Psychotherapy, Red Hawk utilizes the Eagala Model, a distinct experience-based framework designed to empower young women to analyze their situations, make connections, and find their own solutions through personal and physical experiences. The horses and trainers are on-campus.
Each week, Red Hawk students experience numerous recreational activities. Adventures include horseback riding, hiking, swimming, kayaking, skiing, sledding and service projects. Students regularly attend local cultural events and activities. Therapists attend weekly recreational activities to ensure therapy doesn’t stop at the office door. Youth are able to learn integral skills in each part of their stay at Red Hawk Behavioral Health. All of the recreation activities in the program are handpicked specifically to teach skills to help with independence, life skills, teamwork, and problem-solving. Activities are planned and executed to complement the therapeutic objectives the girls are working on in their program.